It is a sad reminder that I am getting old every time I think I can do things that I shouldn't. My back hurts all the time and the chiropractor has not been helping this go around. I started playing soccer again....I haven't played since I was about 3 months pregnant with Carter, so it has been a while. First game was Saturday...OUCH, I can now barely move. Every muscle in my body is sore, I have a huge blister on the back of my heel too. I am not complaining, I did this to myself...but I keep asking each year I choose to do this --WHAT WAS I THINKING?? It gets better as the season goes on, I think (and hope). Definitely don't have the skills nor stamina I had back when I was 20.....10 years ago I wouldn't have been caught dead playing keeper,I wanted to be running around for the full 90 minutes, but now, I gladly take my turn and relish in the rest. :) Although I think I faced more one on one's this last game than I have my whole life, but it was fun and for being a lazy forward, I thought I did pretty good! LOL
I am gonna start playing ward volleyball too...but that is less intense and should be fun. Haven't played that in years, but it is like riding a bike right??
So Chris came back from the bow hunt empty handed. Sorry hun, but I am glad it is over and you are home to stay. :) There's always next year. He did have some pretty neat encounters with a few other wild animals while he was gone, but after hearing about two of them...I told him to stop telling me if he ever wanted to hunt again.
I did accomplish a few more things this past weekend while he was gone. I made new drapes for my sliding glass door and got all the wainscoating and chair rail painted for my powder bath. Now I just have to put Chris to work in getting it up. :)
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hear ya about the age thing. I really felt it when I was pregnant but now I can hardly sit on the floor for a long period. It Sucks!
Wow! If you could bottle some of that energy I would buy it up!
When Mike's gone I rent chick flicks and order pizza. You are amazing!
I am going to try out volleyball. We'll see how that goes. They might hope I don't show up that often. Like you said...riding a bike, right?
Post a Comment