Sunday, August 10, 2008

St. George!

When we want to do a quick trip, one of our favorite places to head off to is sunny St. George. Thanks to mom and dad for having such a lovely second home down there so we have a place to play! While we were there we did some shopping and found some great deals at the Children's Place where we loaded up the boys with new clothes. The most expensive item was $2.99 and most items we bought were only $.99! We spent $70, so there was a lot to be had. I wish I could find deals like that on MY clothes! I probably could have spent another 45 minutes or so in the store and stocked up for next year, but the boys were not born to be shoppers!

We also went and visited with some of our former Harvest Hills friends the Dutson's! They are so much fun and I miss having them as neighbors, but it is fun to watch them on their blog as well. I didn't have my camera with me at the time...so all pics were taken by Julie who said she was going to post them on her blog. I have to give her a little grief that they are not up yet, as I was chastized for not updating my blog often enough! Ha ha, I love that girl.

(thanks for posting today, Monday, Julie! I stole the picture.)

We took advantage of the warmth and went swimming a couple times while we were there as well. Brady is a serious fish. We also roasted marshmallows in the backyard and just played card games and hung out as a family. Sometimes it is nice to just get away from all the distractions of home and just be together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, we can't funtion as a primary without you. We forgot rolls and talk assignments. We are dorks but I'm glad you had fun. We all need to get away sometimes

Kendells said...

I just wanted to thank you and your family for being such good neighbors. We really appreciate it. Looks like you had a great time. We all need a little time away sometimes, just to recharge the batteries.