Well, my blog has been ignored this past week or so. I have been extremely busy with work. I have worked almost 2 straight weeks at the office until 6 or 7 every night...yes, that is a lot for me. I usually only spend 3 days a week at the office and 2 days at home. It is not only a really busy time of year, but I am also having to deal with a TON of office politics that are absolutely no fun. I keep saying that when I stop enjoying going to work, that I am going to stop going to work....hmm, seems I am still there. If it were only that easy! I have missed my kids this past 2 weeks so much, I miss having a day or two during the week to be home with them. But on the flip side, when I am home "too" much, I start missing adult interaction...so I really do enjoy a nice balance most of the time.
Other junk.....
I had a bright idea to create a cozy little corner in my front yard with some pots and a nice granite bench, et all. Well, we bought the bench and we decided it wouldn't work out as nicely as I hoped....so I am at plan B with the bench...I will let you know how it all works out when we figure it out. Chris is walking hunchback because the thing is so heavy and I think I have killed his back with all the moving around... :(
I keep trying to convince Chris that we need new appliances in the kitchen. I really want stainless steel. I HATE our current fridge, it is way too small for the space and I have hated it since the day we bought it, but I had to compromise. Never again--I want what I want! In addition to that, our dishwasher is a pile, it has flooded our kitchen at least 4 times, sounds like a freakin' jet so you can't hold a conversation while it is running, it has to go soon. So, some day I might convince him on the fridge and we may end up with a hodge podge collection of white and stainless appliances for a while until I can afford to replace all of them. Who knows, I am only dreaming anyway! Those dreams go great with my new kitchen floors and updated furniture for my bedroom too...if wishes were fishes.....
Brady has this little girlfriend at school, Lily. One thing he told Chris this week that I thought was really cute was "when other kids hit Lily, I go tell them 'I'll take care of that!', but it is okay when I hit her." He is really protective of her, it is adorable.
Carter and Brady are such good buddies. Carter loves chasing Brady around the kitchen table. Brady gets down on all fours and crawls as fast as he can around the table while poor Carter tries his hardest to catch him. They really do play well together.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I completely understand about appliances and furniture. I don't want new appliances or funiture but I do want new floors and new countertops. We women are never satisfied, that is what my husband would say. I figure I am home looking at it all day long. I have a right to complain, right??
Post a Comment