Sunday, October 18, 2009

Life is what happens when you are making plans...

Wow, I am really, really far behind in my blogging. I don't even know when or where to begin uploading pics, etc. And as of right now, any pictures that are presently on my camera are staying there as my camera cord seems to have gone to the wayside. I think I will just post as of today and backlog as I get a chance/desire.

So life happens when you are making plans.....

As many of you know I have been working on pre-requisites to begin a graduate degree this upcoming Fall 2010. I had enrolled in a GMAT prep class and was actually excited to start studying and take this test. I was getting ready to get all my application materials and contact references. The last few weeks Chris and I had come across a good deal on tile and decided to rip out all the vinyl in our home. This was quite an undertaking and BOY was I glad when it was done and now I have a beautiful new floor! However, I started to feel a bit sick toward the end of this project....I thought maybe I was getting the flu, or worse, the swine flu, but I just couldn't kick whatever was bothering me. I began feeling tired all the time, getting nauseated and when I started throwing up on a regular basis I knew something was really wrong with me. At work I had the chance to fly in a blackhawk helicopter and I wasn't feeling particularly well, but figured, hey...when will I get this chance again so I went for it. It was definitely an AWESOME ride. However, I had about enough just as we landed. I made it back to my office only to lose it in my trash can....I told my co-worker I was leaving and headed straight to Walgreens to buy a "test." I drove to my parent's house (already in tears) and proceeded to take the "test." I came out of the bathroom in tears, completely distraught and told my parents to promise not to tell the baby that I cried when I found out (I will have to delete this post later I guess!). I couldn't believe it, this was not planned, this was not what was supposed to happen! I am a planner...I say when...I say how! Chris was in a bit of shock himself and hardly said two words for at least two days...this was a little hard to swallow for the both of us, but I think finally....we have come to terms and accepted that we are going to have 3 kids! Not sure my sanity can handle 3, but we will see!

I am still unsure exactly how far along I am...guessing about 8 weeks. I guess the Lord decides what direction we should go in as I had already scheduled to have an IUD inserted. So for now, graduate plans have been put on the backburner and the new plan is baby #3! Wish us luck! We are going to need it!

4 comments:

Grooms Gang said...

Welcome to the 3's club! We are excited for you. This child is lucky to be coming to your family.

Julie said...

Love it!! Welcome to my world. Don't worry I only cried about baby #3 for about 3 months. But we love her... can't imagine not having her! Heavenly Father knows he has to sneak #3 in or it'll never happen. Goog luck! Miss you guys!

Mandy said...

Oh Tami! I am EXACTLY the same way as you... a planner. I would be the same way, but everything will work out great for you guys!!

Greg & Tiffany said...

Tami, I am sooo excited for you! Trust when I say that the Lord knows when you planned & when you didn't:)
The kids I planned are also my biggest challenge (You wanted 'em you got 'em!) The ones that were the surprises I tend to handle a little better! I won't say it's not a shock, but I seriously can't see my life another way now! Love you! Tiff