Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update

My mom had her first surgery and it went very well. It doesn't look like the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes or anything, but it is still a very aggressive cancer. Based on the pathology report the surgeon and oncologist want to go back in and take more tissue. She is scheduled for a second surgery on Monday. After that she will need to heal for a month and then she will begin chemotherapy treatments and then radiation after that. So hopefully in a couple months she will be cancer free. Crossing my fingers.

My co-worker's surgery went well and they were able to remove the tumor. However, she has now been diagnosed with diffused large D cell lymphoma and I guess it is a type that develops from somewhere else in your body. They have not been able to find it elsewhere and are now testing her bone marrow...that is not good news. So keep praying for her and my mom.

If I ever have anything cheery to talk about I will make sure to post it!

3 comments:

The James said...

I'm so glad your Mom's first surgery went well. I am keeping you, your mom, and your friend in my prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything for you!!!

Maran said...

We'll keep praying for you guys. Hope the surgery today goes well. Give your mom a hug from me (if it doesn't hurt too much).

Amberlee said...

I hope that you are all doing better. I will keep your mom and friend in my prayers. Love you all